RAIN / RAINY WEATHER
Words Related to “rain” and Their Meanings:
Heavy / constant / steady /pouring rain or Downpour is a lot of rain in a short time.
Light / gentle rain or Drizzle means not heavy rain.
Rainfall is the amount of rain which falls.
Deluge is a severe flood.
Rainstorm is a storm with heavy rain.
A drop of rain / a droplet / a raindrop is a single drop of rain.
Rainbow is a curved shape of different colours seen in the sky.
Shower is a short period of rain or snow.
- Today it is cloudy and rainy out.
- It’s going to rain by the looks of it.
- There is heavy rain.
- It’s pouring outside. ( raining heavily )
- Take an umbrella, it is raining.
- It’s really cloudy out. I wonder if it will rain today.
- We haven’t had a drop of rain for weeks.
- It doesn’t look like it’s going to stop raining today.
- I think it is going to rain later.
- I hear that showers are coming our way.
- It’s not raining too hard. It’s just drizzling out.
- It will be raining tomorrow.
- It’s been trying to rain all morning.
- It’s finally decided to rain.
- The rain is falling.
- It is always rainy and cool.
- It is a drizzly afternoon.
- The rain was still a steady downpour.
- Rain showers are expected at the end of the week.
- Heavy rainfall will ruin the celebration.
- A heavy rainstorm hit our farm last night.
- Rainbow occurs when light enters a raindrop.
- This little stream can become a deluge when it rains heavily.