Sentences for Expect, Sentences with Expect Meaning and Synonym Words
- Regard (something) as likely to happen.(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
anticipate, await, look for, hope for, watch for, look forward to, look ahead to, have in prospect,
Example Sentences with expect
- Knights were expected, above all, to fight bravely and to display military professionalism and courtesy.
- Paul did not expect to be invited.
- You can’t expect much sympathy from Jessica.
- If the affluent cannot afford hope, you cannot expect the destitute to pay for desperation.
- Affably he placed one of his long white arms around her waist; she turned to him then, contentedly, expectantly, and secure.
- The people expected a victory speech.
- You cannot expect victory and plan for defeat.
- George certainly didn’t expect to win.