Sentences for Humble, Sentences with Humble Meaning and Synonym Words
- Lower (someone) in dignity or importance.(transitive verb)
- Having or showing a modest or low estimate of one’s own importance.(adjective)
- Of low social, administrative, or political rank.(adjective)
humiliate, abase, demean, belittle, lower, degrade, debase, bring down, bring low, meek, deferential, respectful, submissive, self-effacing, unassertive, unpresuming, low-ranking, low, lowly, lower-class, plebeian, proletarian, working-class, undistinguished, poor, mean, ignoble, of low birth, low-born, of low rank, unpretentious, modest, unostentatious, plain, simple, ordinary,
Example Sentences with humble
- She is one of the richest people in the world, but she has a very humble house.
- It’s always good to be humble.
- I am just a humble teacher.
- Alex is very humble.
- My grandfather was a very humble and kind person.
- One of the most used words in daily life is humble.
- I wish people could be a little humble.
- All teachers in our school are very humble.
- With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity.
- My mom came from such humble beginnings and especially my dad as well. He didn’t go to university.