Admit Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of Admit
- Confess to be true or to be the case, typically with reluctance.(verb)
- Allow (someone) to enter a place.(verb)
- Accept as valid.(verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
acknowledge, confess, reveal, make known, disclose, divulge, make public, avow, declare, profess, own up to, make a clean breast of, bring into the open, bring to light, give away, blurt out, leak, let in, allow entry, permit entry, grant entrance to, give right of entry to, give access to, give admission to, accept, take in, usher in, show in, receive, welcome, allow, permit, authorize, sanction, condone, indulge, agree to, accede to, approve of,
Example Sentences with admit
- We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.
- George needs your family’s help. He’d better admit that now.
- I have to admit, that’s a remarkable bruise. You should be proud; it’s quite a feat to get injured in the manner you did and in that…particular…place.
- The old man was peering intently at the shelves. ‘I’ll have to admit that he’s a very competent scholar.