Persuade Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of Persuade V1 V2 V3
- Cause (someone) to do something through reasoning or argument.(verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
prevail on, talk someone into, coax, convince, make, get, press someone into, induce, win someone over, bring someone round, argue someone into, pressure someone into, pressurize someone into, coerce, influence, sway, prompt, inveigle, entice, tempt, lure, cajole, wheedle someone into, get round, blarney, prod someone into, reason someone into,
Example Sentences with persuade
- She is trying to persuade her friend to come home.
- We persuaded my father to come on vacation with us.
- I persuaded my sister to help me.
- I think I can persuade Samuel to go.
- I think I’ve persuaded Frank to help us.
- I finally persuaded him to buy it.
- It is no use trying to persuade him.
- I tried to persuade him, but in vain.
- I persuaded my brother to study harder.
- He hadn’t realized yet that Gansey could persuade even the sun to pause and give him the time.
- We found it impossible to persuade him.
- My teacher was persuaded to be more sensible.
- When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state.
- Clothes can suggest, persuade, connote, insinuate, or indeed lie, and apply subtle pressure while their wearer is speaking frankly and straightforwardly of other matters.
- I persuaded him to consult a doctor.
- I think the beauty looks I most regret are those I was persuaded into.
- There is only one real sin and that is to persuade oneself that the second best is anything but second best.
- It takes time to persuade men to do even what is for their own good.
- Most young people haven’t used their storytelling skills since they were 8 or 9 or 10 and wanted to persuade Mom and Dad to take them to the ball game.
- If terror groups are to be defeated, it is national governments that will have to do so. In nations like India, governments will have to call on the patriotism of citizens to fight the terrorists. In a nation like Pakistan, the government will have to be persuaded to deal with those in their midst who are complicit.