GET THE WORD OF THE DAY – OBTAIN
Meaning-1: to get or acquire, to attain, to gain, to win, to earn something, especially by asking for it, buying it, working for it, or producing it from something else.
- To obtain your desires, you must know how to work efficiently
- The students were turning around the teacher in order to obtain a role in the sketch.
- The prime minister has obtained information about what is happening in the city.
- Glass is briefly obtained from sand, soda and lime composition.
- Police did not obtain a result from the effort to persuade a criminal.
- Do you know how that money was obtained?
- You will obtain more income over time.
- Where can I obtain a map of this city?
- I should obtain permission from the authorities for this operation.
- I am trying to obtain a passport.
Meaning-2: To be in existence, to be customary, valid, or accepted
Working conditions obtain in many workplaces.
- A new law obtains in this case.
- Working conditions obtain in many workplaces.