Modals of POSSIBILITY, Definiton and Example Sentences
We use MAY, MIGHT and COULD to talk about present or future possibility. We can substitute may, might and could for maybe, perharbs or probably (which aren`t modal verbs)
- They could be there by now.
- Price can be high in Texas.
- She could finish her project tonight.
- I might join you if I finish my work early.
- They could still be waiting for us.
- Winters in Alaska can be really cold.
- I might study math.
- I may pass chemistry’s exam.
- I may eat dinner at 8:00 pm.
- Where is my wallet? It could be in the my room.
- We could go to the party this afternoon.
- He could be lost.