Sentences for Abide, Sentences with Abide Meaning and Synonym Words
- Accept or act in accordance with (a rule, decision, or recommendation)(verb)
- Be unable to tolerate (someone or something)(verb)
- (of a feeling or memory) continue without fading or being lost.(verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
comply with, obey, observe, follow, keep to, hold to, conform to, adhere to, stick to, stand by, act in accordance with, uphold, heed, pay attention to, agree to, agree with, consent to, accede to, accept, acquiesce in, go along with, acknowledge, respect, defer to, tolerate, bear, stand, put up with, endure, suffer, accept, cope with, live with, brook, support, take, countenance, face, handle, continue, remain, survive, last, persist, stay, hold on, live on,
Example Sentences with abide
- She’s someone who abides by the rules.
- I hope that Spain will abide by its Constitution.
- I don’t need to abide by the rules.
- I cannot abide useless people.
- I can’t abide him.
- They know our laws, abide by them.