Sentences for Conquer, Sentences with Conquer Meaning and Synonym Words
- Overcome and take control of (a place or people) by use of military force.(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
defeat, beat, vanquish, trounce, annihilate, triumph over, be victorious over, best, get the better of, worst, bring someone to their knees, overcome, overwhelm, overpower, overthrow, subdue, subjugate, put down, quell, quash, crush, repress, rout,
Example Sentences with conquer
- I just can’t listen to any more Wagner, you know…I’m starting to get the urge to conquer Poland.
- Patience is a conquering virtue.
- He who conquers others is strong; He who conquers himself is mighty.
- He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat.
- He who angers you conquers you.
- They can conquer who believe they can.