Sentences for Dark, Sentences with Dark Meaning and Synonym Words
- The absence of light in a place.(noun)
- A dark color or shade, especially in a painting.(noun)
- With little or no light.(adjective)
darkness, blackness, absence of light, gloom, gloominess, dimness, dullness, murk, murkiness, shadowiness, shadow, shade, shadiness, dusk, twilight, gloaming, darkness, blackness, absence of light, gloom, gloominess, dimness, dullness, murk, murkiness, shadowiness, shadow, shade, shadiness, dusk, twilight, gloaming, black, pitch black, pitch dark, inky, jet black, unlit, unlighted, unilluminated, ill-lit, poorly lit, tragic, disastrous, calamitous, catastrophic, cataclysmic, ruinous, devastating, mysterious, secret, hidden, concealed, veiled, unrevealed, covert, clandestine,
Example Sentences with dark
- I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses. (flower)
- Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.
- As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being.
- Why are you sitting here in the dark?
- Jessica wore a dark blue scarf.
- You may lose your way in the darkness.
- It glows in the dark.
- A red light was glowing in the dark.
- We set up our tents before dark.
- Some nights the sky wept stars that quickly floated and disappeared into the darkness before our wishes could meet them.
- Was I starting to feel evil? Yes. Now I was worrying I’d be turned to the dark side by too much crochet.
- I’m afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery.
- I felt for the light switch in the dark.