Sentences for Deny, Sentences with Deny Meaning and Synonym Words
- State that one refuses to admit the truth or existence of.(transitive verb)
- Refuse to give or grant (something requested or desired) to (someone)(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
contradict, repudiate, gainsay, declare untrue, dissent from, disagree with, challenge, contest, oppose, refuse, turn down, reject, rebuff, repulse, decline, veto, dismiss,
Example Sentences with deny
- Steve can’t deny that.
- Don’t even try to deny it.
- We can’t deny the fact that he’s honest.
- The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.
- Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it.
- She was ready to deny the existence of space and time rather than admit that love might not be eternal.
- How hurtful it can be to deny one’s true self and live a life of lies just to appease others.