Sentences for Derive, Sentences with Derive Meaning and Synonym Words
- Obtain something from (a specified source)(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
obtain, get, take, gain, acquire, procure, extract, attain, glean,
Example Sentences with derive
- The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home.
- It is from books that wise people derive consolation in the troubles of life.
- We derive a lot of pleasure from books.
- Shame derives its power from being unspeakable.
- We derive further pleasure from our study.
- Do you know? A lot of English words are derived from Latin.
- Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.
- Religion is an illusion and it derives its strength from the fact that it falls in with our instinctual desires.
- If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you’re always going to be disappointed.