Sentences for Operate, Sentences with Operate Meaning and Synonym Words
- (of a person) control the functioning of (a machine, process, or system)(verb)
- Perform a surgical operation.(verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
work, make go, run, set off, use, utilize, employ, handle, control, wield, ply, manage, be in charge of, perform surgery, carry out an operation, intervene,
Example Sentences with operate
- Each experience through which we pass operates ultimately for our good. This is a correct attitude to adopt and we must be able to see it in that light.
- Editing yourself is like an irksome coin toss. You’ve got to strip yourself of super ego and operate from the id. Maybe I’ve got my Freud mixed up. It’s just hard to trade a beauty shot for the performance with truth and a brightly lit zit.
- I was raised to believe that excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism. And that’s how I operate my life.
- On bad days, I think I’d like to be a plastic surgeon who goes to Third World countries and operates on children in villages with airlifts, and then I think, ‘Yeah, right, I’m going to go back to undergraduate school and take all the biology I missed and then go to medical school.’ No. No.