Sentences for Prevent, Sentences with Prevent Meaning and Synonym Words
- Keep (something) from happening or arising.(transitive verb)
- (of God) go before (someone) with spiritual guidance and help.(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
stop, put a stop to, avert, nip in the bud, fend off, turn aside, stave off, ward off, head off, shut out, block, intercept, halt, arrest, check, stay,
Example Sentences with prevent
- Our work was really successful, but we could not prevent a small error at the end of the work. It was very sad for everyone to experience this situation.
- We’re trying to prevent forest fires.
- The rain prevented me from coming.
- The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die. As well the minds which are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be mind.
- A stumble may prevent a fall.