Sentences for Rest, Sentences with Rest Meaning and Synonym Words
- Cease work or movement in order to relax, refresh oneself, or recover strength.(intransitive verb)
- Be placed or supported so as to stay in a specified position.(intransitive verb)
- Be based on or grounded in; depend on.(intransitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
relax, take a rest, ease off, ease up, let up, slow down, pause, have a break, take a break, unbend, repose, laze, idle, loaf, do nothing, take time off, slack off, unwind, recharge one’s batteries, be at leisure, take it easy, sit back, sit down, stand down, lounge, luxuriate, loll, slump, flop, put one’s feet up, lie down, go to bed, have a nap, take a nap, nap, catnap, doze, have a siesta, take a siesta, drowse, sleep, lie, be laid, recline, repose, be, be placed, be positioned, be based on, be grounded in, be founded on, depend on, be dependent on, rely on, hinge on, turn on, hang on, pivot on, be contingent on, revolve around, centre on, repose, relaxation, leisure, ease, inactivity, respite, time off, time out, breathing space, stand, base, holder, support, stay, prop, brace, rack, hook, frame, shelf, bracket, trestle, tripod, plinth, pedestal, foundation, bed, foot, substructure,
Example Sentences with rest
- Often, he preferred to spend time at home and rest.
- I’m scared I’m going to spend the rest of my life in a state of yearning, regardless of where I am.
- All the food in this restaurant is delicious.
- They serve delicious food at that restaurant.
- I lay down to rest.
- We rested there for an hour.
- I slept the rest of the day.
- Do you want to rest?
- Let’s rest for a few minutes.
- Anderson needs to get some rest.
- Alex needs some rest.
- I just want to rest.
- I need to rest a moment.
- He rested his hand on my shoulder.