Sentences for Rough, Sentences with Rough Meaning and Synonym Words
- A disreputable and violent person.(noun)
- (on a golf course) longer grass around the fairway and the green.(noun)
- A preliminary sketch for a design.(noun)
ruffian, thug, lout, hooligan, hoodlum, rowdy, bully boy, brawler, preliminary sketch, draft, outline, mock-up, model, artist’s impression, uneven, irregular, bumpy, stony, rocky, broken, rugged, jaggy, craggy, violent, brutal, vicious, plain, basic, simple, rough and ready, rustic, rude, crude, primitive, spartan, uncomfortable, gruff, hoarse, harsh, rasping, raspy, husky, throaty, gravelly, guttural, difficult, hard, tough, bad, unpleasant, demanding, arduous, roughen, make rough,
Example Sentences with rough
- I think one reason for a successful marriage is laughter. I think laughter gets you through the rough moments in a marriage.
- People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
- Financial hardships were rough on us, even though Mom had a good job at G.M.
- My mom was sarcastic about men. She would tell me Adam was the rough draft and Eve was the final product. She was a feminist minister, an earth mom who wore a bra only on Sundays.
- My mom died when I was 16. I had a rough childhood, you know what I mean, but it made me strong.
- When you’re adopted, no matter what, you’ve got issues with unconditional love. And you find out you’re the product of the worst situation for a young girl to be in and start her life, and I’m so grateful that my birth mom made the decision she made. She came from a rough situation.