Sentences for Sorry, Sentences with Sorry Meaning and Synonym Words
- Feeling distress, especially through sympathy with someone else’s misfortune.(adjective)
- Feeling regret or penitence.(adjective)
- In a poor or pitiful state or condition.(adjective)
sad, unhappy, sorrowful, distressed, upset, depressed, downcast, miserable, downhearted, disheartened, dejected, down, despondent, despairing, disconsolate, broken-hearted, heartbroken, inconsolable, grief-stricken, regretful, remorseful, contrite, repentant, rueful, penitent, conscience-stricken, apologetic, abject, guilty, guilt-ridden, self-reproachful, bad, ashamed, shamefaced, sheepish, in sackcloth and ashes, afraid, pitiful, pitiable, heart-rending, distressing,
Example Sentences with sorry
- I’m sorry I broke my promise.
- I’m sorry I hurt your feelings.
- I’m very sorry because my father’s car broke down yesterday.
- I’m sorry but, complaints returned due to a disturbance of rhythm.
- I am sorry, but I dislike vegetable soup.
- I am sorry I jumped to conclusions.
- I am sorry but Alex’s a hopeless case.
- I am sorry I gave you a hard time.
- I am sorry but, I begin to lose control of myself.
- I am sorry but I didn’t want to spend any more time with Alex.
- I’m sorry for making you cry.
- I’m sorry but, this is never going to end.
- I’m sorry that I didn’t reply sooner.
- I’m sorry, but the operation failed.