Sentences for Synonym, Sentences with Synonym Meaning and Synonym Words
- A word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language, for example shut is a synonym of close.(noun)
equivalent, poecilonym, metonym
Example Sentences with synonym
- We are synonyms but not the same.
- A synonym is a word you use when you can’t spell the other one.
- Obviously, marriage is not a synonym for morality. But stable marriages and families do encourage moral behavior.
- Motherhood is a great honor and privilege, yet it is also synonymous with servanthood. Every day women are called upon to selflessly meet the needs of their families. Whether they are awake at night nursing a baby, spending their time and money on less-than-grateful teenagers, or preparing meals, moms continuously put others before themselves.