Sentences for Tight, Sentences with Tight Meaning and Synonym Words
- Very firmly, closely, or tensely.(adverb)
- Fixed, fastened, or closed firmly; hard to move, undo, or open.(adjective)
- (of a rope, fabric, or surface) stretched so as to leave no slack; not loose.(adjective)
compact, compacted, compressed, dense, hard, unyielding, solid, taut, rigid, stiff, tense, stretched, strained, stressed, small, tiny, narrow, compact, poky, limited, restricted, confined, cramped, constricted, uncomfortable, minimal, sparse, inadequate, close, even, evenly matched, well matched, miserly, parsimonious, niggardly, close-fisted, penny-pinching, cheese-paring, penurious, Scrooge-like, ungenerous, illiberal, close, drunk, drunken, inebriated, intoxicated, befuddled, incapable, tipsy, the worse for drink, under the influence, maudlin,
Example Sentences with tight
- Your clothes should be tight enough to show you’re a woman but loose enough to show you’re a lady.
- Samuel tried to break away, but she held his tight.
- His father hugged his son tightly.
- I hugged him tightly and cried.
- And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
- Steve tightened the knot.
- I have to tighten these bolts.
- Freedom of speech was tightly restricted.
- The ideal attitude is to be physically loose and mentally tight.
- The first show I ever did, singing and dancing, was ‘Beauty and the Beast.’ I was playing Gaston. Gaston has red tights, knee high boots, and it’s very physical. I had headaches every day for two months.
- Women’s fashion is a subtle form of bondage. It’s men’s way of binding them. We put them in these tight, high-heeled shoes, we make them wear these tight clothes and we say they look sexy. But they’re actually tied up.
- My mom and I were super tight. I think she really wanted me to be an artist, you know? She used to like to tell people she wanted to be Beethoven’s mother. That was her thing. She wanted to be the mother of this person.