Sentences for Abash, Sentences with Abash Meaning and Synonym Words
- Make (someone) feel embarrassed, disconcerted, or ashamed.(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
bewilder, confound, confuse, daunt, discompose, disconcert, discountenance, dishearten, embarrass, faze, fluster, humble, humiliate, mortify, rattle, shake, shame, snub, ,
Example Sentences with abash
- The men laugh, the women look abashed.
- Lottie said with an abashed smile.
- The people are abashed, and they forget their unity of purpose in the memory of their own individual sins.
- Spring. Blooms break forth from the startled earth. The sky laughs. The trees, abashed, dress themselves in verdant green. And the heavens are lush with starts. Redeem the time, the stars sing down.
- When the name was in the room, it came to pass that the murderer, abashed, opened up, and there sprang forth, like a Glory, from his pitiable fragments, an altar on which there lay, in the roses, a woman of light and flesh.