Chide Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of Chide V1 V2 V3
- Scold or rebuke.(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
scold, chastise, upbraid, berate, castigate, lambast, rebuke, reprimand, reproach, reprove, admonish, remonstrate with, lecture, criticize, censure,
Example Sentences with chide
- Sweetheart,” he chided, making my heart skid. “You’ll never need me more than I need you.
- “Brother,” Artemis chided. “You do not help my Hunters. You do not look at, talk to, or flirt with my Hunters. And you do not call them sweetheart.
- “You’re such a girl,” she chided, but somehow the words came out too soft…too tender, and ended up sounding like a compliment.
- It is wrong to chide the novel for being fascinated by mysterious coincidences…
- “Don’t chide me, old woman,” he said in a low, dangerous voice.