Divide Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of Divide V1 V2 V3
- Separate or be separated into parts.(verb)
- Disagree or cause to disagree.(verb)
- Find how many times (a number) contains another.(verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
split, cut up, cleave, carve up, slice up, chop up, split up, divided, split, sectarian, schismatic, dissenting, contentious, discordant, conflicting, argumentative, disagreeing, disputatious, quarrelling, quarrelsome, clashing, warring, at variance, at loggerheads, at odds, disharmonious, tumultuous, turbulent, dissident, rebellious, insurrectionary, seditious, mutinous, divergence, contrast, polarity, divide, division, separation, difference, wide area of difference,
Example Sentences with divide
- This analysis is divided in two parts.
- If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.
- Alex and I divided the money between us.
- Let’s divide this money between you and me.
- We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.
- It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.
- Black holes are where God divided by zero.
- To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.
- There is no past or future. Using tenses to divide time is like making chalk marks on water.
- The history of the modern western feminist movement is divided into four waves.
- Only a thin partition divides the room.
- Dangerous substance codes are divided into nine classes in total.
- The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague.
- A house divided against itself cannot stand.
- Today, I think the attitude is that governing is not necessarily good politics, and the result is that it’s much more partisan and much more divided.
- The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?