Empty Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of Empty V1 V2 V3
- Remove all the contents of (a container)(transitive verb)
- A container (especially a bottle or glass) left empty of its contents.(noun)
- Containing nothing; not filled or occupied.(adjective)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
unload, unpack, unburden, disburden, clear, make vacant, vacate, evacuate, void, vacant, unoccupied, uninhabited, untenanted, clear, free, bare, desolate, deserted, abandoned, meaningless, aimless, worthless, useless, idle, vain, insubstantial, ineffective, ineffectual, meaningless, aimless, worthless, useless, idle, vain, insubstantial, ineffective, ineffectual,
Example Sentences with empty
- People give pain, are callous and insensitive, empty and cruel…but place heals the hurt, soothes the outrage, fills the terrible vacuum that these human beings make.
- There is nothing I detest so much as the contortions of these great time-and-lip servers, these affable dispensers of meaningless embraces, these obliging utterers of empty words, who view every one in civilities.
- An empty stomach is not a good political adviser.
- I am very hungry, but the fridge is empty.
- I felt dumb and subdued. Every time I tried to concentrate, my mind glided off, like a skater, into a large empty space, and pirouetted there, absently.
- They’re both empty.
- Our house is empty.
- Samuel was alone on an empty beach.
- The box is almost empty.
- Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
- Please empty your pockets!
- Your account is empty.
- I want a few empty glasses.
- Respect was invented to cover the empty place where love should be.
- It was not the feeling of completeness I so needed, but the feeling of not being empty.
- An empty hand is no lure for a hawk.
- An empty sack cannot stand upright.
- An empty vessel gives a greater sound than a full barrel.
- He that is full of himself is very empty.
- To drop a bucket into an empty well.
- The fuel level is below empty.
- If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?
- Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.