Float Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of Float V1 V2 V3
- Rest or move on or near the surface of a liquid without sinking.(intransitive verb)
- Move or hover slowly and lightly in a liquid or the air; drift.(intransitive verb)
- Put forward (an idea) as a suggestion or test of reactions.(intransitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
stay afloat, stay on the surface, be buoyant, be buoyed up, hover, levitate, be suspended, hang, defy gravity, suggest, put forward, come up with, submit, raise, moot, propose, advance, offer, proffer, posit, present, table, test the popularity of,
Example Sentences with float
- The red balloon floated over the treetop.
- Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.
- Steve floated down the river on a raft.
- Wood floats, but iron sinks.
- Alex floated downstream on a raft.
- A cloud floated across the sky.
- Oil will float on water.
- The logs are being floated down the river.
- The jellyfish or medus is a sea creature that is freely floating and without a brain, in the Scyphozoa and Cubozoa classes.
- The flock of crows floating in the sky of this wild forest frightened me.
- The truth may be stretched thin, but it never breaks, and it always surfaces above lies, as oil floats on water.
- You swam in a river of chance and coincidence. You clung to the happiest accidents—the rest you let float by.
- Some nights the sky wept stars that quickly floated and disappeared into the darkness before our wishes could meet them.
- If death is this brilliant slide, this high, fine music felt as pure vibration, this plunging float in wind and silence, it’s not so bad.
- I’d be smiling and chatting away, and my mind would be floating around somewhere else, like a balloon with a broken string.
- Thorne, on the aisle, held out his hand as Cinder passed. She snorted and accepted the high five before floating up the stairs.
- I never wish to be easily defined. I’d rather float over other people’s minds as something strictly fluid and non-perceivable; more like a transparent, paradoxically iridescent creature rather than an actual person.
- Nothing. We’re all friends and friendly. So when the cameras go down, depending on the mood or the nature of the material we’re dealing with, there’s usually a kind of a prevailing light attitude that’s floating around.