Forbid Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of Forbid V1 V2 V3
- Refuse to allow (something)(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
prohibit, ban, outlaw, make illegal, veto, proscribe, disallow, preclude, exclude, rule out, bar, debar, block, stop, put a stop to, put an end to, declare taboo,
Example Sentences with forbid
- Culture tends to argue that it forbids only that which is unnatural.
- I forbid you to smoke.
- I am forbidden to use this telephone.
- My sister is forbidden to go out.
- I forbid you to leave.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden.
- Smoking is forbidden here.
- It is forbidden to throw things out of the window.
- You’re not going to die. I forbid it. All right?
- To forbid us anything is to make us have a mind for it.
- The law, in its majestic equality, forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal their bread.
- Yes, heaven forbid I not be protected from tanks.
- The Southern slave would obey God in respect to marriage, and also to the reading and studying of His word. But this, as we have seen, is forbidden him.
- The bill would ban human cloning, and any attempts at human cloning, for both reproductive purposes and medical research. Also forbidden is the importing of cloned embryos or products made from them.
- Do not share the knowledge with which you have been blessed with everyone in general, as you do with some people in particular and know that there are some men in whom Allah, may He he glorified, has placed hidden secrets, which they are forbidden to reveal.
- Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
- As a first step there must be an offer to achieve equality of rights in disarmament by abolishing the weapons forbidden to the Central Powers by the Peace Treaties.
- Everything not forbidden is compulsory
- I am not in the least forbidden. You may sample me all you choose.