Grab Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of Grab V1 V2 V3
- Grasp or seize suddenly and roughly.(transitive verb)
- Attract the attention of; make an impression on.(transitive verb)
- A quick sudden clutch or attempt to seize.(noun)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
seize, grasp, snatch, seize hold of, grab hold of, take hold of, catch hold of, lay hold of, lay hands on, lay one’s hands on, get one’s hands on, take a grip of, fasten round, grapple, grip, clasp, clutch, make an impression on, have an impact on, influence, affect, leave a mark on, move, stir, rouse, excite, inspire, galvanize, lunge for, attempt to grab,
Example Sentences with grab
- I’ll grab your bags.
- The guard grabbed Anderson.
- Excuse me, do you want to grab lunch?
- Alex grabbed a weapon.
- She grabbed him by the hand.
- Steve grabbed Jessica’s hand.
- I grabbed a book off the shelf.
- You might want to grab some sleep.
- I’ll grab a taxi and be right there.
- Frank grabbed Mary to keep her from falling.
- Pam grabbed him by the hand and pulled him onto the boat.
- It is better, I think, to grab at the stars than to sit flustered because you know you cannot reach them.
- I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.
- The reason death sticks so closely to life isn’t biological necessity; it’s envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it, a jealous, possessive love that grabs at what it can.
- He grabbed a towel and scrubbed his face and head.
- Accomplish but do not boast, accomplish without show, accomplish without arrogance, accomplish without grabbing, accomplish without forcing.
- Animals have a much better attitude to life and death than we do. They know when their time has come. We are the ones that suffer when they pass, but it’s a healing kind of grief that enables us to deal with other griefs that are not so easy to grab hold of.
- I grabbed my mom and I went to the couch and I said, ‘Mom I want to ask Jesus to come into my heart.’ And I got on my knee and I asked Jesus to come into my heart, forgive me of my sins, and make me a child of God.
- When you have lost people like I lost my birth mom at a young age and you remember the whole process of losing her, you want to grab on to something that makes you whole.