Grind Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of Grind V1 V2 V3
- Reduce (something) to small particles or powder by crushing it.(verb)
- Rub or cause to rub together gratingly.(verb)
- (of a dancer) rotate the hips.(verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
crush, pound, pulverize, mill, powder, granulate, grate, mince, shred, crumble, pestle, mash, smash, press, fragment, kibble, rub, grate, scrape, rasp, chore, slog, travail,
Example Sentences with grind
- We grind wheat into flour.
- Do you know how to grind beef?
- Mills of God grind slowly but sure.
- A softener is needed to grind the meat.
- We grind our coffee by hand.
- The workers grind wheat into flour.
- Don’t let the bastards grind you down.
- We all live inside the terrible engine of authority, and it grinds and shrieks and burns so that no one will say: lines on maps are silly.
- Wheels of justice gind slow but grind fine.
- Because the machine will try to grind you into dust anyway, whether or not we speak.
- The mill cannot grind with the water that is past.
- The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
- On tour, I’ll get up at 5 p.m. and go to bed at 8 in the morning. With fishing, it’s the exact opposite. Fishing is the only healthy thing I do. Touring is such a grind it’s the opposite of healthy.