Hit Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of Hit V1 V2 V3
- Bring one’s hand or a tool or weapon into contact with (someone or something) quickly and forcefully.(transitive verb)
- (of a missile or a person aiming one) strike (a target)(transitive verb)
- Cause harm or distress to.(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
strike, slap, smack, cuff, punch, beat, thrash, thump, batter, belabour, drub, hook, pound, smash, slam, welt, pummel, hammer, bang, knock, swat, whip, flog, cane, sucker-punch, rain blows on, give someone a beating, give someone a drubbing, give someone a good beating, give someone a good drubbing, box someone’s ears, affect badly, devastate, damage, harm, hurt, ruin, leave a mark on, have a negative effect on, have a negative impact on, do harm to, impinge on, reach, attain, touch, arrive at, get to, rise to, climb to, blow, thump, punch, knock, bang, thwack, box, cuff, slap, smack, spank, tap, crack, stroke, welt, success, box-office success, sell-out, winner, triumph, sensation, amount, quantity, measure, portion, dosage, drench, draught,
Example Sentences with hit
- I’m going to hit the hay.
- I’m going to hit the sack.
- I hit upon a good idea then.
- I wasn’t hitting the right notes.
- I don’t have much talent in playing football, but on the other hand, I hit the ball with very hard and various violent turns.
- I hit on a good idea.
- Frank said he didn’t mean to hit me.
- He came near being hit by a car.
- One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
- His cold eyes stared at me. At last, he said wearily: “I have more faith in Hitler than in anyone else. He alone has kept his promises, all his promises, to the Jewish people.
- Alex was hit.
- You almost hit me.
- Did we hit something?
- I hit upon a good idea.
- I hit the man on the belly.
- I’ll hit Tom if I have to.
- The Titanic hit an iceberg.
- Frank hit me, not her.
- Lightning hit that tower.
- Don’t hit the wrong button.
- If our last batter had not hit a home run, team would have lost the game.
- I nodded, looking at Rachel with respect. “You hit the Lord of the Titans in the eye with a blue plastic hairbrush.
- …I think,’ concluded Anne, hitting on a very vital truth, ‘that we always love best the people who need us.
- You don’t need a search warrant to go through someone’s trash. Seriously. Once it hits the curb it is totally fair game-you an look it up.
- I got gas in the car and hit the road.
- Unfortunately I hit the morning rush hour.
- My brother hit a fly into right field.
- To hit the nail on the head.
- Bastard hits harder than a fucking freight train.
- If you have an important point to make, don’t try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time – a tremendous whack.
- We don’t have much time left. We need to hit the road as soon as possible.