illuminate Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of illuminate V1 V2 V3
- Make (something) visible or bright by shining light on it; light up.(transitive verb)
- Help to clarify or explain.(transitive verb)
- Decorate (a page or letter in a manuscript) by hand with gold, silver, or colored designs.(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
light, light up, throw light on, cast light upon, brighten, make brighter, shine on, flood with light, floodlight, irradiate, clarify, elucidate, explain, reveal, make clear, shed light on, cast light on, give insight into, clear up, decorate, illustrate, embellish, adorn, ornament, enhance, emblazon, highlight,
Example Sentences with illuminate
- I was amazed and upset by the looks I got just walking around the studio… It illuminates the ugliness and the beauty that exists within each of us, and that’s what this story represents to me.
- Patriotism. Combustible rubbish ready to the torch of any one ambitious to illuminate his name.