Keep Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of Keep V1 V2 V3
- Have or retain possession of.(transitive verb)
- Cause to continue in a specified condition, position, course, etc.(transitive verb)
- Provide for the sustenance of (someone)(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
remain, continue to be, stay, carry on being, go on being, persist in being, not cease to be, provide for, support, provide food for, provide sustenance for, provide board for, feed, keep alive, maintain, sustain, subsidize, finance, comply with, obey, respect, observe, conform to, abide by, stick to, act in accordance with, act according to, have regard to, heed, follow, pay attention to, defer to, take notice of, maintenance, upkeep, support, sustenance, subsistence, board, board and lodging, food, nourishment, nurture, safe keeping, care, custody, charge, keep, possession, trust, protection, safeguard, fortress, fort, stronghold, tower, donjon, castle, citadel, bastion, fortification, fastness,
Example Sentences with keep
- We don’t want to keep Samuel waiting.
- Michael should keep out of the sun for two days.
- As long as you need my notebook, you can keep it.
- Let’s keep this between us.
- We can’t let Pam keep seeing Frank.
- Be careful! If you can’t keep your balance, you’ll fall down the stairs.
- So that he could keep him job, he didn’t complain at all.
- You must keep away medicines from children.
- Meanwhile, all the really important things we just keep forgetting, one after the other.
- Let’s keep this a secret.
- Have you been keeping track of sales?
- You must keep quiet for a while.
- You must keep quiet.
- Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
- Similarly, the impulse to keep to yourself what you have learned is not only shameful, it is destructive.
- You need to keep people close. You need to give them access to your heart.
- Failing to fetch me at first, keep encouraged. Missing me one place, search another. I stop somewhere waiting for you.
- They must keep up the family traditions.
- Similarly, the impulse to keep to yourselves what you have learned is not only shameful, it is destructive.
- I am to cover the philosophical side of the debate and so far my only thought is that reading keeps you from going gaga.
- One can no more keep the mind from returning to an idea than the sea from returning to a shore. For a sailor, this is called the tide; in the case of the guilty it is called remorse. God stirs up the soul as well as the ocean.
- He walked about in order to keep warm.
- Today, the poor keep getting poorer, while the rich are getting richer.
- I’ll try to keep it short.
- You are doing a great job! Keep it up.
- I found it difficult to keep a diary every day.