Last Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of Last V1 V2 V3
- On the last occasion before the present; previously.(adverb)
- After all others in order or sequence.(adverb)
- (especially in enumerating points) finally; in conclusion.(adverb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
rearmost, rear, hindmost, bringing up the rear, nearest the rear, at the end, furthest back, aftermost, endmost, furthest behind, final, ultimate, most remote, remotest, furthest, utmost, extreme, previous, preceding, final, only remaining, only one left,
Example Sentences with last
- It’s been ages since we last met.
- I haven’t been on holiday since last year.
- My car is on its last legs.
- I’ve repaired the chair which was broken last week.
- This is the book which I read last night.
- That is new a shop which opened last week.
- The boy whose dog bit my daughter last week called me to say sorry.
- She went out last night when it was raining.
- Did she bring any friends to the party last week?
- I saw him on the beach last night.
- The success rate of the class was lower than last year.
- This year’s exam questions were more difficult than last year.
- I went out quickly without my father’s permission last night, thus I was hidden to make sure my brother never saw me.
- They were playing hockey last month.
- You were watching television last night.
- It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight.
- I ran fast, yet I came in last.
- I have been going to work every day for the last 2 years.
- The stock reached its high point last October.
- We have to hurry to the station to catch the last train.
- She needed some medicine yesterday but we didn’t find any open pharmacy last night.
- He knew there was going to be a show at school last week.
- I had a great time last night.
- You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope.
- Could you read off the last four digits of the credit card again.
- My mother read Blindness last year.
- Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.
- We bought the car that was for sale last year. It’s ours now.
- I caught a cold last month.
- What about going to the cinema tonight? I can guarantee that this movie is better than what we saw last night!
- Maybe my last opportunity to get into this job.
- The voyage lasted 14 months.
- The wallet which I bought last week is already stolen.