Lift Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of Lift V1 V2 V3
- Raise to a higher position or level.(transitive verb)
- Pick up and move to a different position.(transitive verb)
- Raise (a person’s spirits or confidence); encourage or cheer.(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
raise, hoist, heave, haul up, uplift, heft, boost, raise aloft, raise up, upraise, elevate, thrust, hold high, bear aloft, pick up, grab, scoop up, gather up, snatch up, swoop up, boost, raise, buoy up, elevate, give a lift to, cheer up, perk up, enliven, uplift, brighten up, lighten, ginger up, gladden, encourage, stimulate, arouse, revive, restore, cancel, raise, remove, withdraw, revoke, rescind, annul, void, discontinue, countermand, relax, end, stop, terminate,
Example Sentences with lift
- He bent down and lifted the boy into the air.
- That on that day, at that hour, I shall lift my arm, And my roots will set off to seek another land.
- He lifted his hat kindly.
- Dance above the surface of the world. Let your thoughts lift you into creativity that is not hampered by opinion.
- Steve knelt down and lifted up the floorboard.
- The bans in the country have been lifted.
- Alex is too weak to lift himself.
- Samuel couldn’t lift Mary’s suitcase.
- You can’t lift the piano.
- This desk is too heavy to lift.
- Samuel didn’t lift a finger to help.
- I’ll give you a lift home.
- Steve felt himself being lifted up.
- Frank gave Jessica a lift back to her place.
- Pam tried to lift the box, but found it impossible to do.
- I am pressed so hard against the earth by the weight of reality that some days I wonder how I am still able to lift my feet to walk.
- Darling, when things go wrong in life, you lift your chin, put on a ravishing smile, mix yourself a little cocktail…
- To think of him in the middle of the day lifts me out of ordinary living.
- Gwyn whispered, “I am the rock against which the surf crashes.” Nesta straightened at the words, as if they were a prayer and a summons. Gwyn lifted the blade. “Nothing can break me.
- She gently lifted the baby from where she was lying.
- Poetry lifts the veil from the hidden beauty of the world, and makes familiar objects be as if they were not familiar.
- A beautiful bouquet or a long-lasting flowering plant is a traditional gift for women, but I have recommended that both men and women keep fresh flowers in the home for their beauty, fragrance, and the lift they give our spirits.
- Not longer loved or fostered by religion, beauty is lifted from its face as a mask, and its absence exposes features on that face which threaten to become incomprehensible to man.
- You will find men who want to be carried on the shoulders of others, who think that the world owes them a living. They don’t seem to see that we must all lift together and pull together.