Maintain Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of Maintain V1 V2 V3
- Cause or enable (a condition or state of affairs) to continue.(transitive verb)
- Provide with necessities for life or existence.(transitive verb)
- State something strongly to be the case; assert.(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
continue, keep, keep going, keep up, keep alive, keep in existence, carry on, preserve, conserve, prolong, perpetuate, sustain, bolster, bolster up, prop up, retain, support, bear, support, provide for, keep, finance, insist, insist on, declare, assert, protest, state, aver, say, announce, affirm, avow, profess, claim, allege, contend, argue, swear, swear to, hold to,
Example Sentences with maintain
- Alex couldn’t maintain his authority.
- You are evidence of your mother’s strength, especially if you are a rebellious knucklehead and regardless she has always maintained her sanity.
- The smoke alarm has never been maintained.
- I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
- To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.
- Gardening is not trivial. If you believe that it is, closely examine why you feel that way. You may discover that this attitude has been forced upon you by mass media and the crass culture it creates and maintains. The fact is, gardening is just the opposite – it is, or should be, a central, basic expression of human life.
- Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the color in your cheek and the fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your beauty and your animal spirits.
- We also maintain – again with perfect truth – that mystery is more than half of beauty, the element of strangeness that stirs the senses through the imagination.
- I have to hit the gym. I have beauty appointments. I have to work toward my next job and maintaining my image, just like an athlete.
- I maintain my inner beauty by trying to lead a balanced life in general. I try to eat healthy foods, but… that doesn’t mean I won’t treat myself now and then! I work out almost every day, which gives me more energy and helps me feel stronger. I also try to be a genuinely good person to the people around me.
- We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.
- I suffered from a mild case of postpartum depression after my second child and the physical challenge of maintaining an overnight shift at CBS, a marriage, and two in diapers made the symptoms worse and everyone in the house paid the price.
- Aristotle maintained that women have fewer teeth than men although he was twice married, it never occurred to him to verify this statement by examining his wives’ mouths.
- The breakdown of the black community, in order to maintain slavery, began with the breakdown of the black family. Men and women were not legally allowed to get married because you couldn’t have that kind of love. It might get in the way of the economics of slavery. Your children could be taken from you and literally sold down the river.
- Follow your dreams, work hard, practice and persevere. Make sure you eat a variety of foods, get plenty of exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle.