Modify Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of Modify V1 V2 V3
- Make partial or minor changes to (something), typically so as to improve it or to make it less extreme.(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
alter, make alterations to, change, adjust, make adjustments to, adapt, amend, improve, revise, recast, reform, reshape, refashion, redesign, restyle, revamp, rework, remake, remodel, remould, redo, reconstruct, reorganize, refine, reorient, reorientate, vary, transform, convert,
Example Sentences with modify
- You’ll have to modify the height of the table to make it fit.
- Never use an adverb to modify the verb “said”…he admonished gravely.
- We all are learning, modifying, or destroying ideas all the time.
- His work modifies our conception of the past, as it will modify the future.
- To modify is to change or transform, but only slightly.
- Although you may not always be able to avoid difficult situations, you can modify the extent to which you can suffer by how you choose to respond to the situation.
- When you pray for anyone you tend to modify your personal attitude toward him.
- One thing is sure. We have to do something. We have to do the best we know how at the moment… If it doesn’t turn out right, we can modify it as we go along.