Own Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of Own V1 V2 V3
- Have (something) as one’s own; possess.(verb)
- Admit or acknowledge that something is the case or that one feels a certain way.(verb)
- Utterly defeat (an opponent or rival); completely get the better of.(verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
be the owner of, possess, be the possessor of, be the proud possessor of, have in one’s possession, have to one’s name, count among one’s possessions, have, keep, retain, maintain, hold, be blessed with, enjoy, boast, admit, allow, concede, grant, accept, accede, acknowledge, recognize, agree, confess,
Example Sentences with own
- I dislike fishing. Besides , I don’t own a boat.
- It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment.
- We Slytherins are brave, yes, but not stupid. For instance, given the choice, we will always choose to save our own necks.
- They have their own culture.
- Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.
- The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.
- I will spend this money on my own education.
- I leapt eagerly into books. The characters’ lives were so much more interesting than the lonely heartbeat of my own.
- The heart of another is a dark forest, always, no matter how close it has been to one’s own.
- All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own.
- Sustainable development can be defined as development that meets the needs of the present generation without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
- They let him cheat on his own exam, which was unfair.
- Every traveler has a home of his own, and he learns to appreciate it the more from his wandering.
- Tattoos have a power and magic all their own. They decorate the body but they also enhance the soul.
- If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.
- There is no scientific study more vital to man than the study of his own brain.
- An artist’s only concern is to shoot for some kind of perfection, and on his own terms, not anyone else’s.
- My brother is acting on his own behalf.
- The minister contradicted his own statement.
- I force myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own taste.