FEMALE MEMBERS OF THE FAMILY IN ENGLISH / WOMEN IN THE FAMILY
Grandmother is the mother of one’s father or mother.
- My grandmother is from England.
- How old is your grandmother?
- I love my both grandmothers.
We can also see or use some informal names in the family. “Grandma” and “Granny” are informally used instead of “Grandmother”.
- My mother visited my grandma last week.
- I love you, Granny.
Mother-in-law is the mother of one’s husband or wife.
- My mother-in-law helped me a lot.
- We live with my mother-in-law.
- Her mother-in-law is very energetic.
Mother is a female parent.
- All mothers are special.
- My mother is 30 years old.
- My mother lives in Texas.
We can also see or use some informal names in the family. “Mom” and “Mommy ( child word for mother )” are informally used instead of “Mother”.
- I want to be a mom.
- Mommy, can I eat chocolate?
Stepmother is the woman who is married to one’s father but who is not their real mother.
- My stepmother is always angry.
- I never wanted my father to marry with my stepmother.
- Her stepmother is very young.
Wife is the woman that you are married to.
- We will meet John’s wife for the first time.
- She is his second wife.
- I love my wife a lot.
Sister is a girl or woman who has same parents as another person.
- Susan and Lisa are sisters.
- She is my big sister.
- I want to have a sister.
Stepsister is a girl or woman who is not your parents’ daughter, but the daughter of a person one of your parents has married.
- You are confusing me with my stepsister.
- Her stepsister is very jealous.
- Elizabeth has two stepsisters.
Sister-in-law is the wife of your brother, or the sister of your husband or wife, or the wife of the brother or sister of your husband or wife.
- My son has many sisters-in-law.
- Sister-in-law is also one of the family members.
- My mother and sister-in-love are in the kitchen.
Daughter is one’s female child.
- My daughter‘s name is Maria.
- I have a daughter and a son.
- Her daughter is good at math.
Daughter-in-law is the woman who is married to your son or daughter.
- My daughter-in-law is very clever.
- I went to shopping with my daughter-in-law.
- My aunt is living in the home of her daughter-in-law who is kind to her.
Niece is a daughter of your brother or sister, or a daughter of your husband’s or wife’s brother or sister.
- My niece is showing me all her books.
- I bought my niece some toys.
- Her niece is very beautiful.
Aunt is the sister of one’s father or mother, or the wife of one’s uncle.
- I stay with my aunt when my parents are away.
- My aunt lives in America.
- We will visit my aunt and uncle at the weekend.
Cousin is a child of one’s aunt or uncle.
- My cousins are very close in age.
- I flew to Paris for my cousin‘s wedding.
- Karen and Helen are cousins.
Girlfriend is a woman or girl who a person is having a romantic or sexual relationship with.
- I have many girlfriends.
- I went to dinner with my girlfriend.
- His girlfriend is very young.