Phrasal Verbs GET, Definition and Example Sentences Get along, Get around, Get through, Get ahead
Meaning: to make people understand something
- I can’t get along with the neighbors any more.
- They seemed to be getting along fine.
Meaning: to be connected by phone
- She got through to wrong department.
- Look, I can’t get through to this number.
Meaning: to travel to different places
- I will get around from town to town.
- We had to use public transport to get around.
Meaning: to be successful in the work
- I will get ahead at work with this project.
- He wanted safety, security, a home, and a chance to get ahead.