GET THE WORD OF THE DAY – CATCH; Using, Definition and Example Sentences.
- to stop someone or something that is moving or in an act
- to find and stop a person or animal who is trying to escape to get an illness or disease
- to get on a bus, taxi, train, etc in order to travel somewhere
- to hear or understand something correctly
- I made a lot of effort to catch the number 10 bus from the top of hill.
- We didn’t catch your name, please repeat it.
- He caught the falling ball.
- Did he catch many fish yesterday?
- I hope the criminals are caught.