Sentences for Abstract, Sentences with Abstract Meaning and Synonym Words
- Consider (something) theoretically or separately from something else.(transitive verb)
- Extract or remove (something)(transitive verb)
- Make a written summary of (an article or book)(transitive verb)
extract, pump, draw, draw off, tap, suck, withdraw, remove, take away, take out, summarize, write a summary of, precis, abridge, condense, compress, shorten, cut down, abbreviate, synopsize, summary, synopsis, precis, résumé, outline, recapitulation, abridgement, condensation, digest, summation, theoretical, conceptual, notional, intellectual, metaphysical, philosophical, academic, non-representational, non-realistic, non-pictorial, symbolic, impressionistic,
Example Sentences with abstract
- Praise or blame has but a momentary effect on the man whose love of beauty in the abstract makes him a severe critic on his own works.
- Wisdom is the abstract of the past, but beauty is the promise of the future.
- I believe that history has shape, order, and meaning that exceptional men, as much as economic forces, produce change and that passe abstractions like beauty, nobility, and greatness have a shifting but continuing validity.
- Many attempts have been made by writers on art and poetry to define beauty in the abstract, to express it in the most general terms, to find some universal formula for it.
- What is important, then, is not that the critic should possess a correct abstract definition of beauty for the intellect, but a certain kind of temperament, the power of being deeply moved by the presence of beautiful objects.
- There is no such thing as justice in the abstract it is merely a compact between men.
- Money is human happiness in the abstract he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
- Pure drawing is an abstraction. Drawing and colour are not distinct, everything in nature is coloured.