Sentences for Celebrate, Sentences with Celebrate Meaning and Synonym Words
- Acknowledge (a significant or happy day or event) with a social gathering or enjoyable activity.(transitive verb)
- Perform (a religious ceremony) publicly and duly, in particular officiate at (the Eucharist)(transitive verb)
- Honor or praise publicly.(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
commemorate, observe, honour, mark, salute, recognize, acknowledge, remember, memorialize, keep, drink to, toast, drink a toast to, perform, observe, officiate at, preside at, solemnize, ceremonialize, acclaimed, admired, highly rated, lionized, revered, honoured, esteemed, exalted, lauded, vaunted, much touted, well thought of, well received, acknowledged,
Example Sentences with celebrate
- Epiphany is celebrated with special pastries in many countries.
- Our family doesn’t celebrate Christmas.
- We celebrated my son’s birthday.
- My friends celebrated my birthday.
- Fiction is art and art is the triumph over chaos… to celebrate a world that lies spread out around us like a bewildering and stupendous dream.
- I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.
- The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.