Sentences for Prefer, Sentences with Prefer Meaning and Synonym Words
- Like (one thing or person) better than another or others; tend to choose.(transitive verb)
- Submit (a charge or a piece of information) for consideration.(transitive verb)
- Promote or advance (someone) to a prestigious position.(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
like better, would rather, would rather have, would sooner, would sooner have, favour, be more partial to, incline towards, lean towards, think preferable, bring, press, file, lodge, tender, present, place, lay, submit, put forward, proffer, offer, propose, promote, upgrade, advance, raise, move up, elevate, aggrandize,
Example Sentences with prefer
- Often, he preferred to spend time at home and rest.
- Where do you usually prefer to spend the winter months?
- I prefer traveling on my own.
- I prefer spring to summer.
- I prefer to remain seated.
- I prefer bicycle to motorcycle.
- Do we prefer drinking tea to coffee ?
- They would prefer you coming tomorrow.
- I prefer working to doing nothing.
- I prefer rice to bread.
- I prefer riding to walking.
- Which do you prefer, white wine or red wine?
- Do you prefer meat or fish?
- I prefer walking to cycling.
- The truth doesn’t always set you free; people prefer to believe prettier, neatley wrapped lies.