Sentences for Check, Sentences with Check Meaning and Synonym Words
- Examine (something) in order to determine its accuracy, quality, or condition, or to detect the presence of something.(transitive verb)
- Stop or slow down the progress of (something undesirable)(transitive verb)
- (of a passenger) consign (baggage) to the care of the transport provider with whom they are traveling.(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
examine, inspect, look at, look over, scrutinize, scan, survey, halt, stop, arrest, bring to a standstill, cut short, examination, inspection, scrutiny, scrutinization, check-up, perusal, study, investigation, probe, dissection, analysis, assessment, inquiry,
Example Sentences with check
- I’m going to go check.
- I can’t check my mail. The server is down.
- Did you get the check?
- Why don’t you go check on that?
- I checked to see if he was at home.
- Did you check the questions again?
- I just went to check something.
- We checked out of the hotel at ten.
- I think you should check under the bed.
- Have you checked the oil level recently?