Sentences for Cut, Sentences with Cut Meaning and Synonym Words
- Make an opening, incision, or wound in (something) with a sharp-edged tool or object.(transitive verb)
- Divide into pieces with a knife or other sharp implement.(transitive verb)
- Make or form (something) by using a sharp tool to remove material.(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
gash, slash, lacerate, slit, pierce, penetrate, wound, injure, chop, cut up, slice, dice, cube, mince, form, fashion, make, create, mould, model, cast, frame, sculpt, sculpture, block, trim, snip, clip, crop, bob, barber, shear, shave, reduce, cut back on, cut down on, decrease, lessen, retrench, diminish, trim, prune, slim down, ease up on, discontinue, break off, suspend, interrupt, cross, intersect, bisect, make impure, degrade, debase, spoil, taint, defile, contaminate, pollute, foul, sully, snub, ignore, shun, give someone the cold shoulder, cold-shoulder, turn one’s back on, cut dead, look right through, pretend not to see, blow, slash, stroke, gash, slash, laceration, incision, slit, wound, injury, insult, slight, affront, slap in the face, jibe, barb, cutting remark, shaft, style, design,
Example Sentences with cut
- I’m cutting my trip short.
- Dogs with short legs are so cute.
- Samuel cut his finger and it’s bleeding pretty badly.
- He cut off two meters of the rope.
- Mother cut the cheese with a knife.
- The Government will cut back on defense spending.
- When you cut in on our conversation, we were talking.
- If I cut across the field, it’ll save time.
- There are two engines. One of them cut out yesterday.
- We need to cut costs.
- The boy cut the tree with a saw.
- She wouldn’t have cut it if it wasn’t for the saw.
- It came to us after cutting it with a saw.
- If you cut your hand, it bleeds.