Sentences for Dead, Sentences with Dead Meaning and Synonym Words
- Absolutely; completely.(adverb)
- No longer alive.(adjective)
- (of a place or time) characterized by a lack of activity or excitement.(adjective)
completely, absolutely, totally, utterly, deadly, perfectly, entirely, wholly, fully, quite, thoroughly, unreservedly, deceased, expired, departed, gone, no more, passed on, passed away, uneventful, uninteresting, unexciting, uninspiring, dull, boring, flat, quiet, sleepy, slow, stale, humdrum, tame, pedestrian, lacklustre, lifeless, not working, out of order, out of commission, inoperative, inactive, ineffective, in disrepair, in a state of disrepair, broken, broken-down, malfunctioning, defective, complete, absolute, total, entire, outright, utter, downright, out-and-out, thorough, unqualified, unmitigated,
Example Sentences with dead
- I’m dead on my feet.
- The dead are never exactly seen by the living, but many people seem acutely aware of something changed around them.
- The Friday before winter break, my mom packed me an overnight bag and a few deadly weapons and took me to a new boarding school.
- Truth is deadly. Truth is freedom. Truth can break and mend and bind.
- The tip of the spear was dipped in a deadly poison.
- Steve was trapped in a dead-end job.
- Alex was trapped in a dead-end job.
- Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.
- For the dead and the living, we must bear witness.
- Clocks slay time… time is dead as long as it is being clicked off by little wheels; only when the clock stops does time come to life.
- One glance at a book and you hear the voice of another person, perhaps someone dead for 1,000 years. To read is to voyage through time.
- They buried her dead husband.
- They buried the dead man in silence.