Sentences for Drill, Sentences with Drill Meaning and Synonym Words
- Produce (a hole) in something by or as if by boring with a drill.(transitive verb)
- Subject (someone) to military training exercises.(transitive verb)
- A hand tool, power tool, or machine with a rotating cutting tip or reciprocating hammer or chisel, used for making holes.(noun)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
train, instruct, coach, teach, ground, inculcate, discipline, exercise, make fit, rehearse, put someone through their paces, drilling tool, boring tool, rotary tool, auger, bit, brace and bit, gimlet, awl, bradawl, training, instruction, coaching, teaching, grounding,
Example Sentences with drill
- Steve knows the drill.
- You know the drill.
- There is no rule on how to write. Sometimes it comes easily and perfectly; sometimes it’s like drilling rock and then blasting it out with charges.
- It doesn’t really matter whether you grip the arms of the dentist’s chair or let your hands lie in your lap. The drill drills on.