Sentences for Float, Sentences with Float Meaning and Synonym Words
- Rest or move on or near the surface of a liquid without sinking.(intransitive verb)
- Move or hover slowly and lightly in a liquid or the air; drift.(intransitive verb)
- Put forward (an idea) as a suggestion or test of reactions.(intransitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
stay afloat, stay on the surface, be buoyant, be buoyed up, hover, levitate, be suspended, hang, defy gravity, suggest, put forward, come up with, submit, raise, moot, propose, advance, offer, proffer, posit, present, table, test the popularity of,
Example Sentences with float
- Wood floats, but iron sinks.
- Alex floated downstream on a raft.
- A cloud floated across the sky.
- Oil will float on water.
- The logs are being floated down the river.
- The jellyfish or medus is a sea creature that is freely floating and without a brain, in the Scyphozoa and Cubozoa classes.
- The flock of crows floating in the sky of this wild forest frightened me.
- The truth may be stretched thin, but it never breaks, and it always surfaces above lies, as oil floats on water.