Sentences for impress, Sentences with impress Meaning and Synonym Words
- Make (someone) feel admiration and respect.(transitive verb)
- Make a mark or design on (an object) using a stamp or seal; imprint.(transitive verb)
- Fix an idea in (someone’s mind)(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
make an impression on, have an impact on, influence, affect, leave a mark on, move, stir, rouse, excite, inspire, galvanize, emphasize to, stress to, bring home to, establish in someone’s mind, fix deeply in someone’s mind, instil in, inculcate in, drum into, knock into, drive into, din into, ingrain in, leave in no doubt,
Example Sentences with impress
- I am impressed by your recent advertisement in the newspaper.
- I didn’t mean to give that impression.
- I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.
- Wake up, loser! She is totally out of your league. She is more beautiful than you desire. He said to the impression of the mirror.