Sentences for Late, Sentences with Late Meaning and Synonym Words
- After the expected, proper, or usual time.(adverb)
- Far on in time; toward the end of a period.(adverb)
- Formerly but not now living or working in a specified place or institution.(adverb)
behind schedule, behind time, behindhand, unpunctually, belatedly, tardily, at the last minute, at the tail end, behind time, behind schedule, behind, behindhand, dead, deceased, departed, lamented, passed away, passed on, lost, expired, gone, extinct, perished,
Example Sentences with late
- I’m afraid that I might be late.
- Even though she was late, the teacher didn’t write him absent.
- I’m afraid you’re too late.
- They both know it’s too late.
- Unless you leave home at once, you will be late for work.
- I’ve been through a lot lately.
- I’m driving right now, see you later.
- I might be a few minutes late.
- It is too late so that we can not marry.
- You might not be able to catch up because you’re asleep and a little late.
- She was late because of missing the train.
- I’ll catch you later.
- Can someone catch us up on the latest news?
- John caught up with you later.
- Frank has been being late for an exam recently.
- Meanwhile, ” Simon added, “I wanted to tell you that lately I‘ve been cross-dressing. Also, I‘m sleeping with your mom. I thought you should know.
- You’ll see you at the gate, so don’t be late.