Sentences for Lift, Sentences with Lift Meaning and Synonym Words
- Raise to a higher position or level.(transitive verb)
- Pick up and move to a different position.(transitive verb)
- Raise (a person’s spirits or confidence); encourage or cheer.(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
raise, hoist, heave, haul up, uplift, heft, boost, raise aloft, raise up, upraise, elevate, thrust, hold high, bear aloft, pick up, grab, scoop up, gather up, snatch up, swoop up, boost, raise, buoy up, elevate, give a lift to, cheer up, perk up, enliven, uplift, brighten up, lighten, ginger up, gladden, encourage, stimulate, arouse, revive, restore, cancel, raise, remove, withdraw, revoke, rescind, annul, void, discontinue, countermand, relax, end, stop, terminate,
Example Sentences with lift
- He bent down and lifted the boy into the air.
- That on that day, at that hour, I shall lift my arm, And my roots will set off to seek another land.
- He lifted his hat kindly.
- Dance above the surface of the world. Let your thoughts lift you into creativity that is not hampered by opinion.
- Steve knelt down and lifted up the floorboard.
- The bans in the country have been lifted.