Sentences for Light, Sentences with Light Meaning and Synonym Words
- Provide with light or lighting; illuminate.(transitive verb)
- Make (something) start burning; ignite.(transitive verb)
- The natural agent that stimulates sight and makes things visible.(noun)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
set alight, set light to, set burning, set on fire, set fire to, put a match to, set a match to, ignite, kindle, burn, spark, spark off, fire, touch off, start, torch, illumination, brightness, luminescence, luminosity, shining, gleaming, gleam, brilliance, radiance, lustre, glowing, glow, blaze, glare, dazzle, aspect, angle, slant, approach, interpretation, viewpoint, standpoint, context, point of view, vantage point, match, lighter, cigarette lighter, flame, spark, source of fire, expert, authority, master, leader, guru, bright, full of light, well lit, well lighted, well illuminated, sunny, sunshiny, undimmed, brilliant, light-coloured, light-toned, pale, pale-coloured, pastel, pastel-coloured,
Example Sentences with light
- If it is dark, we turn on the lights.
- Transparent objects allow light to pass through them.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
- This box is light.
- Samuel is lighting a cigarette.
- I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
- Don’t turn off the light.
- It’s still light outside.
- It lights the room like the sun.
- The sun lights our world for 365 days.